Professional Headshot Photographer
I make it easy to get professional business headshots
Finding time for professional business headshots can be hard. So, whether you love having your photo taken or not, I make it as easy and painless as possible. Here’s my best tips about taking a great headshot for LinkedIn, which also apply to headshot photography in general:
Looking for a professional headshot photographer that's mobile and flexible?
Call me to discuss a photo session to suit your particular circumstances. Find out about our Headshot Photography Packages
What clients say about us
How to Take Professional Business Headshots
- Remember the focus of a headshot is YOU, so make sure there are no distracting elements.
- Keep the background simple and ideally out of focus so that again, the focus remains on YOU. Make sure there are no signs, posts or trees that appear to be stuck to your head!
- Smile, but make that smile natural and real – the whole of your face should smile, not just your mouth.
- Practice with a mirror to get that smile right!
- Think about including just ONE, and only one addition that reflects your personality and makes you who you are – a unique personality. Consider your jewellery or your make-up. Maybe you have a favourite tie or scarf you always wear?
- Don’t try to alter your appearance. You need to be recognisable when you meet people face-to-face. The last thing you want is to give the impression you’re not genuine.
- Avoid all of these: busy patterns, all-black and all-white clothes, plunging necklines, bare skin. Choose a colour that reflects the industry you work in. for example, blue is often used in the finance sector. If you’re going for a particular job, consider wearing a colour that matches the company’s brand – it’s a subtle way to build a connection.